Saturday, October 10, 2009

Highway to Hale

Before the race Susie and I are all smiles. Yes, I am dressed up as a bunny. It was a costumes optional race and I though it would be fun to race in costume. Unfortunately the ears only stayed on the first 50 meters or so!

My overall experience at this race was positive. The 10K course was very very difficult, but the atmosphere and prizes made up for any and all negative thoughts running through my head while trudging up 400N from Geneva Rd. You can tell by my splits just how rude this course was:
Mile 1: 6:16 (running with Susie, felt great!)
Mile 2: 6:11 (still running with Susie, downhill and felt awesome)
Mile 3: 6:20 (Susie split off to finish the 5K)
Mile 4: 6:44 (starting the uphill and starting to feel not so hot)
Mile 5: 7:06 (the time says it all)
Mile 6: 6:38 (starting to recover from the climb)
Last .3 1:41 - 6:06 pace, man I wish the race was just a mile or so longer because I found my groove again

My sweet hubby met me at every mile to cheer me on. I was grateful for that because besides the first two miles I was pretty much on my own. My final time was 40:56, not a PR, but I was thrilled to break 41. The awards from the race were amazing: 2 season tickets to the Hale Theater and a Family Pass to Thanksgiving Point. They also had tons of food at the finish line and lots of great door prizes. I won a gift certificate to a local restaurant, and Susie took home a nice pair of "his and her" watches and an hour of yoga. Hoorah for Highway to Hale!
The Starting Line
Almost at mile 3 and still all smiles.

4 comments:

  1. if i sponsor you at a race and pay your entry fee, could I take home a percentage of your winnings? just wondering.....
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the comment above.

    You are an awesome runner girl. That was a fun race...the awesome swag and prizes made it especially awesome.

    What's the healthcare 5K?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job!! I need to get back out there! We should get together and do something. We miss seeing you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you are having fun and doing what you love. You are awesome! I need to get back out there one of these days. Hopefully sooner rather than later. I will use your new blog as inspiration. Well keep it up.

    ReplyDelete