Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Upcoming Races

I am going to run 2 Turkey Trots in the next week. The Brigham City Turkey Trot will be held on Saturday, Nov. 21 at John Adams Park. I was told that prizes include turkeys, hams and pies. Jon's mom said she would wait until after the race to purchase all of her Thanksgiving Dinner supplies. I hope I make her proud :) I am also running in the Earn Your Turkey run on Thanksgiving morning. I wasn't planning on running it, but I decided that I could eat a whole lot more relatively guilt-free if I did. They also give out Turkeys and pies for the top five overall and the top two of each age group. My goal is to try to hit and maintain a 6 minute mile pace, and to NOT come to Thanksgiving dinner empty handed.

I am also going to run in the USATF Cross Country Nationals with four other women's racing club team members. It is on December 10 in Lexington, Kentucky.

My training has been going well, but I feel like I haven't improved much. I think I should focus on the fact that I haven't gotten any slower. In the next couple of weeks I really need to ramp up my speed work so I can be ready to rumble in KY.

No comments:

Post a Comment