This post is WAY overdue. I met up with my friend Amanda and we warmed up 2.5 from my house to the theater.We picked up our packets and did some dynamic stretching and strides.
The course was tough, but I felt strong the entire race. My first mile was 5:58. It was mostly flat with the last .25 being gradual downhill. The second mile was downhill, then flat, then the last 200M is steep uphill. I was excited to see I held a 6:04 at this point. Then it got really really tough. The half mile hill in third mile nearly made me puke, and my time definitely reflects how I was feeling inside: 6:49, but I was able to kick it in my last .17 (yes, this course was long, and mentally I hate that!) at an ave pace of 5:56. This really encouraged me because I felt like I could have definitely gone that pace the entire last mile were it not for the killer hill.
Someday I will break 19 minutes. I knew it wasn't in the cards today given the difficulty of the course. I set a realistic goal of breaking 20 min on this course with a time of 19:56.
I had Jon drive me back to where Amanda was and ran the last bit with her, then turned around and jogged back to Desiree and ran her into the finish. We collected our prizes (free show tickets & pass to Thanksgiving point, yay!) and did a nice cool down back home.
No comments:
Post a Comment