Sadly I found out that I won't be able to run the Painter's 5K. I thought it was on January 16, but it is on the 23. I was really hoping to break 19 minutes and I think I had a decent chance. I knew of at least 2 girls that would have given me a run for my money in that race.
I have started my official training for Boston. I started out doing the same program I used to train for Ogden last year, but I decided to modify it a little bit. Instead of hills/800 repeats-easy-tempo-easy-marathon pace-long easy I am going to do hills incorporated into a 6-8 mile run-easy-tempo incorporated into a 10mile run-off-easy-long @ close to marathon pace. I thought that adding more miles to my week would give me better endurance. I feel pretty good about my speed right now, I'm just not comfortable holding it for very long.
I also wanted to start weight lifting to get my legs and arms stronger for the hills at Boston. Instead of hitting the gym I opted to purchase the P90X system. I've only done 3 workouts so far, but they are working my body over!
come on!!! time for an update on when you went to Hale. :)
ReplyDelete